Friday, February 6, 2015

Form Meets Function Reflection Post

For this project, I intended on the wheel cap to be mostly black or silver, depending on what the consumer wants. I made this product to be 20". The fan shaped rims are meant to help cool down brakes. It started with the outer rims and I designed the fan to fit inside. It meets the design meets function requirement because regular wheel caps are just meant for looks and do not have much function other than holding the wheel up. The design reminds me of  a fan because that was the points of the design, and turns when the wheel is moving. It is pretty similar to many designs out there with flat spokes pointing outwards in the wheel, but my design is curved and intakes air from outside, so it has a function. I think this design could be better if I can actually test the fans to see how much air it needs to take in and design the fan to take in air without slowing down the car. As of now, it is only a concept without any improvements.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent CAD drawing! I'm still confused what this part is for though... wheel cap on a car, bike, time machine...?

    ReplyDelete