Monday, February 2, 2015

Puzzle Cube Reflection

I timed 9 people for solving the cube, and many more attempted on trying to solve my cube. Only 3 people solved my cube. I timed out for people who took more than 16 minutes.

Solved:

Sonia: ~1min
Paras: ~2 min (claimed)
Mikkayla: ~10 min

Unsolved:

Mr Ho: ~5min
Sukhjit: 3 min 54 sec
William: 16 min
Aasish: ~25 min
Sruthi: ~30 min
Archit: 16 min




Mean: 11.43 minutes
Median: 13 minutes
Mode: 16 minutes
Range: 15 minutes
Standard Deviation: 9.22316

Reflection Questions:

1. It is important to model an idea before finalizing it because it is costly to make a full scale and take the risk of possibly re-doing it because there was an error or something you didn't want.

2. I love the piece that is completely locked in the middle because it cannot be moved without removing another piece of the cube.

3. One thing I would change about my puzzle is that there were two pieces that didn't really connect with the other pieces and were not interlocking. I wish I made it interlocking to make the cube more of a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment